Archives: A Conversion From DocBook Sgml 3.x

I’ve added an undergraduate AI project I wrote called A Study of Selected Algorithms Against the Sherlock and Zebra Problems. It was an interesting exercise as the original report was written in DocBook, but an older version than is readily available (3.x; the SGML variant) nowadays. The document required some work to achieve conversion for this site1. There were, however, only a few ‘patterns’ that needed to be fixed throughout the document. The document had been split up into smaller files using entities. The first step was was to replace that approach which a single document. Most SGML entities needed to be replaced with the appropriate UTF-8 characters.